The first hotfix for Football Manager 2018 has been released by Sports Interactive. Please remember that the game is still in Beta so if there are other issues, report them on the Sports Interactive forums by clicking the image below.
The 18.0.2 fixes numerous crash issues and other bugs within the game.
A full list of the change can be seen below:
- Added new preference for “data language”, allowing you to have game text in one language, and the in-game data in another language
- Added zoom functionality to 2D Classic
- Improved pitch lighting in 2D Classic
- Improvements to game speed and fluidity
- Enabled Online Career and Fantasy Draft modes
To update you will need to close down Football Manager 2018 (or Football Manager Touch 2018) and re-launch for it to update. If this does not work for you or you feel it has not updated you will need to restart Steam.
Even if that doesn’t do the trick, then verify the game cache should solve any issues.
List of changes
– Steam Workshop disabled
GRAPHICS & UI
– Generated player & staff portraits disabled
– Launch may hang on a white screen
– Game may hang on black screen after splash screens
– Text on Retina Mac display not sharp
– Processing panel can occasionally appear blank
– Fixtures can occasionally overlap on processing panel
– Social feed can bleed if scrolling
– Default attacking corner routines lacking variation
– Some red & checkered flags showing in crowd
– Camera height can reset on game reboot
– Unable to disable in-match condition icon
– Slowness in Commentary Only
– AI sometimes offer £0 for a player offered to clubs with an asking price
– Too many loan rumours in the social feed
– Player can incorrectly receive Dynamics boost due to incorrectly registered international appearance
– Assistant may not arrange youth team friendlies when instructed to do so if there are no competitive matches